My Sundays

I love Sundays, for me they are a day that I can spend being creative in the Kitchen. Eating a good Sunday meal and doing basic prep for the week ahead. Sometimes prep for the week ahead is doing extra cooking Sunday. Sometimes it is just making sure I have a meal plan for the week and the ingredients that I will need.

I set no time limits on Sundays I have all day to complete what ever I want to get done. My selfish day.  Do a little prep, throw some laundry in, read a bit in my book, do some more cooking, have a nap and finally cook a solid Sunday dinner. What is a solid Sunday dinner......What ever you want it to be. 

In my week because I try to meal plan to make weeknight life easier, there is sometimes limited spontaneity in the kitchen. That's fine as the main cook in any house hold will agree, its not the cooking of dinner that is the nightmare it' figuring out what to cook that is. So going back to Sunday dinner I get to think about what I want today and be creative, and then be creative for the week.

Sunday is the day I bake bread, sometimes that means we have soup and sandwiches for Sunday supper. Or it means a good burger on fresh buns!!

My point to "My Sunday" is to set a day a week aside that does not have much going on and use that day to your advantage. Get back to what you love and stay away from hard fast deadlines. Use this day to prep and make your life easier for the rest of the week.

Today I went to the Gym, then I cam home and made some Kale chips, some pesto, and some pasta. Tonight we will have burgers on buns that I bought ( I didn't feel like baking today, so I didn't).

The kale chips will be snacks for the rest of the week, the pesto I can use throughout the week as a condiment, I will also freeze some of the pesto to use later on in the month ( not sure for what yet)!!

Here is my recipe for Kale Chips, this is one of my favourite snacks.


Kale Chips:

1 large bunch of Kale ( I like to buy at the Farmers Market, you can usually get 1 bunch for $2-$3. That is about the size of 4 bunches you get at the grocery store)

3 teaspoons of Olive Oil

salt and Pepper to taste

Rip the Kale into "chip size" pieces. don't use the hard stem.

Toss the kale with the salt and pepper and olive oil until well coated. You don't need any more oil just keep tossing it will eventually be well coated.

Lay the kale out on a sheet pan and bake for 8 min at a 450 degree oven.

Enjoy!!

Comments