Leftovers Revived!!

So tonight was clean out the fridge night!! Some people love left overs, I on the other hand am from the school of thought that unless it's turkey and mashed potatoes or a pot of porcupine balls left overs are for the dogs.  One problem I have 2 cats, no dogs! 

The Answer to my problem is being creative in the kitchen.  Tonight I took the leftover veggies from my steak dinner and made them into a fabulous stir fry for supper. Then I took the left over cheese sauce and made it into a potato, bacon cheddar soup that I will eat for my lunch tomorrow.

The original menu was Steak, baked potato, broccoli and cheese sauce and sauteed peppers onions and mushrooms.

The switch up: I sauteed up some pork then added the leftover veggies and some leftover steamed carrots(from another meal) I added some garlic, fresh ginger, cashews, sweet chili sauce and some soy sauce. Serve over rice and this total switch around is complete.

Switch up #2.  Saute up some onions. once cooked add chicken stock and a cubed potato. Once the potato is cooked I added my cheese sauce and some crumbled up bacon. Top with some chili flakes,   Soup is done!!

Comments